Health and safety guidelines: appointments in the office:
We are delighted that the housing market has now been given the green light to start up again. We want to reassure everyone that our main priority is to keep our clients and staff safe at all times, as well as providing an efficient service. We continue to operate within Government guidelines and keep to strict health and safety rules at all times. Here is our new policy on appointments in the office:
Visits from the public inside the office will be by appointment only. Any passing client can ring the door bell and will wait for a member of staff to assist before entering. There will be a sign on the door to state this. There will also be a sign on the entrance floor asking clients to wait here keeping 2-m distance from members of staff.
We will ask whether a client or anyone in their household is showing symptoms or has been asked to self-isolate before going ahead with visits to our office.
For your own safety, clinically vulnerable and shielded individuals (ie those who have received a letter advising they are in the clinically extremely vulnerable group) should not visit our office.
In the office, 2m social distancing will be observed at all times. Visitors are asked not to touch anything and to wear face coverings when they visit our office. Staff will be wearing face coverings at all times during with meetings in the office. Hand sanitiser will be available for use at the start of the appointment and at the end. If clients need to sign papers, they will be asked to use their own pens.
If a client does sits at the desk, the chair and desk surface will be cleaned after each visit.
Keys will be cleaned before being handed over.
Health and safety guidelines – viewings and valuations:
We are delighted that the housing market has now been given the green light to start up again. We want to reassure everyone that our main priority is to keep our clients and staff safe at all times, as well as providing an efficient service. We continue to operate within Government guidelines and keep to strict health and safety rules at all times. Here is our new policy on viewings and valuations:
• we strongly encourage clients to view properties virtually in the first instance and then only physically inspect properties which you have a strong interest in or ideally if you are seriously considering making an offer on a property.
• before a viewing, all clients will be sent a copy of our policy which asks whether you are showing symptoms or has been asked to self-isolate before going ahead with viewings. If any member of either the household being viewed, or the household undertaking a viewing is showing symptoms of coronavirus or is self-isolating, a physical viewing must be delayed.
• buyers/tenants may only bring one other member of their household to a viewing. Please do not bring small children to a viewing.
• all viewings will take place by appointment only.
• we cannot drive clients to appointments.
• wherever possible, vendors/occupiers will leave the house a couple of minutes before the viewing/valuation to give us space to enter.
• before entering the property, Wild and Co. staff and clients will use disposable shoe covers (or remove shoes) and wear face coverings and gloves. We can supply face coverings and gloves.
• after entering the property, Wild & Co. staff and clients will wash their hands with soap and water (or hand sanitiser). Paper towels should be used to dry hands and will be disposed of safely after use.
• before a viewing , internal doors will have been left opened, lights on and surfaces will have been wiped down.
• if a property is occupied, the occupiers will have cleared surfaces as much as possible so there’s no need for anyone to be touching anything.
• strict 2-metre social distancing will be kept to during a viewing or valuation and any discussions can take place outside.
• once the viewing has taken place, the occupiers will ensure surfaces, such as door handles, are cleaned with standard household cleaning products and towels disposed of safely or washed as appropriate